707 KAR 1:280. Definitions.Section 1. Definitions. (49) "Qualified personnel" means personnel who meet the statutory or regulatory qualifications for each respective profession currently applicable in this state.
707 KAR 1:350. Placement decisions. Section 2. Class Size. (4) If a teacher of exceptional children provides services through the collaborative model, the maximum caseload shall not exceed twenty (20) children with disabilities for secondary, and fifteen (15) children with disabilities for primary.
Section 3. Case Load for Resource Teachers. Caseloads for resource teachers shall refer to the maximum number of student records a teacher may be assigned. An LEA shall make those assignments based on the following:
(1) Emotional-behavioral disability is fifteen (15);
(2) Functional mental disability is ten (10);
(3) Hearing impairment is eight (8);
(4) Mild mental disability for primary is fifteen (15) and for secondary is twenty (20);
(5) Multiple disabilities is ten (10);
(6) Orthopedic impairment is twenty (20);
(7) Other health impairment is twenty (20);
(8) Specific learning disability for primary is fifteen (15) and for secondary is twenty (20);
(9) Visual impairment is ten (10); and
(10) Speech language pathologist caseload limits as contained in KRS 334A.190. (26 Ky.R. 2143; Am. 27 Ky.R. 167; 505; eff. 8-14-2000; 33 Ky.R. 3488; 34 Ky.R. 563; eff. 11-5-2007.)
Program Teacher Assignment: 16 KAR 4:020, Qualifications for Assignments. This regulation ensures a properly certified educator is providing individual instruction to exceptional children. Waivers must be requested when there are special education assignments for a teacher who is not certified in the area of their assignment. The Local Educator Assignment Data (LEAD) report reviews all courses and compares staff and course information to the teacher certification database. If teacher assignments are not in compliance, SEEK funds could be lost or legal action could be administered against administrator and/or teacher certificates. While these waiver requests will be submitted to the KDE, approval of the assignment will come from Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB).
707 KAR 1:350. Placement decisions.Section 2. Class Size.(5) Pursuant to KRS 157.360, if caseload for special classes or class size for resource classes exceeds the maximum specified in this section for thirty (30) days, an LEA shall submit a waiver request to the Kentucky Department of Education.